Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ask the Reader: Paris, Berlin, London

I am headed to Europe a couple of times over the next few weeks. First to Paris and then Berlin to ask the folks in each capitol about their country's mission in Afghanistan. And then I get to go to London a few weeks after the first to talk about what I have learned, and the implications of caveats/national restrictions for the future of NATO peacebuilding (pretty sure that I will be pessimistic).

It has been 22 years since I have been to Paris and London (other than changeovers at the airports) and I have never been to Berlin, so I am seeking any suggestions for activities and restaurants (within a reasonable budget) for any and all of the three cities.

Anyone?

1 comment:

Theo said...

My favourite restaurant in London, having spent a year there, is Ciao Bella on Lamb's Conduit Road, basically in between Bloomsbury and Holborn--near LSE if you know where that is. Great food, great atmosphere, inexpensive, and--a rarity--friendly service.