Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rice Krispies, Aging and Hallucinations

Snap, crackle, pop. That is the old Rice Krispies ad campaign. And I seem to have been hearing those noises a lot lately. When I move my right arm--that is, I move my throwing elbow. When I walk, in my knees and/or ankles. My family denies hearing these noises, so either they are not loud enough for them to notice or I am hallucinating. I gained some reassurance during the Montreal Comedy Festival when one of the comedians referred to his various popping noises.

Anyhow, if you are near me and hear a noise that sounds like it could have come from the interplay of Rice Krispies and milk, let me know that you heard it so that I can assure myself that my aging is signaled by the breakdown of my body and not my mind. Yet.

No comments: