Monday, June 20, 2011

21st Century Dilemma for Narcissists

What to do?  What to do?  If one has an active twitter account, it is likely that one will attract undesirable followers.  There are programs/spambots that will choose to "follow" your twitter account to promote their products.  Usually, the avatar of the twitter-bot is an attractive female, suggesting that they are marketing only to straight men (and lesbians?).  I tend to block these folks from following my twitter account, as I do not want to be associated with this stuff.  But, on the other hand, it reduces the number of followers I have.  My guess is that I would have at least twenty-five percent more followers and perhaps even fifty percent more if I did not block these folks.

Alas what is a 21st century narcissist to do?  Accept the unwelcome followers who have agendas?  Or block them and then have a lower follower number?  I have chosen the latter, but ponder whether it makes a difference at all.

1 comment:

Naadir said...

FWIW, I've gone for the latter too.