Our impressions thus far:
- ah, the roads are so smooth compared to the WWI battlefields in Quebec and do I love turning right on red!
- The people we met were very friendly and quite helpful. Lots of clarity on how the school system works.
- Ottawa is pretty compact--easy to get around and from point A to point B easily.
- Some very, very big schools. Apparently a nice change from the very small school Kid Spew goes to now.
- House hunting should be fun. Some very nice neighborhoods with heaps of shopping nearby. And the 21st century web-based realty, school locator, school ranking sites make this pretty straightforward. Plus we have never moved over such a short distance--well, not since grad school from one part of San Diego to another. Being able to make a day trip is very different from our old modus operandi: fly into strange town, run all over for a few days, buy a house, fly back. Now, we can take our time. The hard part will be keeping our house in Montreal uncluttered, clean and neat so that we can sell it.