Sunday, November 11, 2012

Voterfraudfraud in Retrospect

We were so focused on voter id laws and the rest that might keep people away from the polls we (at least I) did not consider the simple strategy of delay:
Source: http://upwithchris.tumblr.com/post/35424640719/which-voters-waited-on-long-lines-to-cast-their

Oh my, what a coincidence!  Or not.  I was worried that voter suppression could tilt a state or two (Florida was so close again), but I do think that the lines showed determination.  I think people believed that the efforts to suppress their vote should not stand, and so they stood and stood and stood in line and in defiance. 

I can only thank those folks for being so determined.  Maybe the GOP will learn it is better to earn their vote than their distrust via voterfraudfraud efforts. Or not.

No comments: