Friday, September 11, 2015

Fourteen Years Later: Tired of War

I am even more frustrated than last year, so I am just posting a few links to my previous 9/11 posts.

My post in 2009, the first year I was blogging.  Links to the Letterman video.
My post in 2010, linking to a radio interview where I describe my experience on that day.  Also a bit more thinking of how the experience and the year in the Pentagon changed what I do and how I do it.
In 2011, I wrote about the big and small lessons at Current Intelligence.
In 2012, I had a radio appearance that proved to be pretty interesting, including "who won 9/11?"  And my answer was: Iran.


Anyhow, it has been a long fourteen years for the US to be at war.  Seems like normal to my American Foreign Policy students, but I remember when just doing peacekeeping in Bosnia and Kosovo seemed like a big commitment and threat to readiness.  I remember when the US was not at war at all with the exception of short adventures: Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, the first Gulf War.  But I am ... old.

It would be nice to be at peace, but the enemy does get a vote and so do our politicians.  Maybe some day....

Oh and great map via @amazing_maps

No comments: