- The students are back, many asking questions that, well, can be answered if they read the syllabus. Of course, with cutbacks and environmental changes, we now only post the syllabi online. Ooops.
- Someone is on strike. This time, the staff at McGill. I guess getting reimbursed for various trips will have to wait. More importantly, I have a ready excuse when students ask me to bump them up the waitlist (because their needs are more important than those in front of them [where is the Crimson Bolt when you need him].
- It has gotten cool quickly. Seasons just jump on you in Montreal, especially as things head towards winter (yes, token Winter is Coming mention here).
- Deadlines are upon us.
- More silly rankings are out.
Concussionfootball season is here.
- Requests for recommendations are catching up to the requests for referee reports for journals.
I never forget that I have a cool job that has been well-worth the sacrifices: having to leave San Diego in the quest for employment, residing in West Texas for six years, and so on. On to the show.