Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Iran Deal: Placeholder

I have not read the details of the deal, as I am working on some stuff I need to get out and under review with summer slip, slip, slipping away.  So, let this post be a placeholder for the time when I have the time to think about this more.

My initial takes, however, are:

And, most seriously, war is always a lousy alternative and particularly in this case.  Oh, and the US is not bargaining alone with Iran--the sanctions require international support and the deal involves other actors.  Let's not forget those key aspects.

Oh and I posted on the initial deal here and here.  I don't think my views will change much once I read more about the agreement (since I am aware of my own vulnerability to confirmation bias).  Oh, and I don't give a rat's ass what Netanyahu says....

No comments: