Will I leave twitter? No, it is a great way to engage in Voice. Plus I have that FOMO--fear of missing out syndrome.
So, how do I proceed?
- I block
- People who are abusive
- People who are entirely reality averse
- People who have Deplorable in their name, references to white supremacy/misogyny/Islamphobia in their profiles
- I mute
- People who are annoying but not utterly offensive
- People who fill up my feed with lots of mentions when I have asked not to be included in a particular conversation
- I engage
- People who treat me with respect
- People who treat others with respect
- People who argue with me even if they differ with me on most stuff
- I ignore
- No one really. I wish I could not rise to the bait, but unlike Trump, I know I have this problem, so I mute or block people that try to get a rise out of me.
- I don't hit links in tweets if there is no other text in the tweet.
- I tweet about stuff inside and outside my area of expertise. I will defend stuff that I know very well, but I will move on if it is area that is not a strength.
- I will not be someone's research assistant if they ask me for examples of stuff they can easily find. Indeed, demanding me to do stuff I don't want to do is a good way to get muted or blocked.