Friday, January 14, 2011

Digital Immortality

What happens to one's digital life when one dies?   Interesting, although a bit long, piece.  I have a hard enough time remembering my own passwords for everything so giving all of that info to someone is harder still.  But definitely worth thinking about and planning.  Yes, no doubt folks are going to make money on digital funerals/archives.  I don't think anything I have done thus far--here, facebook, twitter--needs to be saved for eternity, although the pics I have put up on facebook might come close.  I have most of them on my hard drive, but they do have meaning for some folks who are not me.  Good thing I don't have an avatar on Warcraft or Second Life to worry about.  Yet.

So, dear readers, what digital pieces of your life are worth saving forever or five years? 

No comments: