The 1995 tax records, never before disclosed, reveal the extraordinary tax benefits that Mr. Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, derived from the financial wreckage he left behind in the early 1990s through mismanagement of three Atlantic City casinos, his ill-fated foray into the airline business and his ill-timed purchase of the Plaza Hotel in Manhattan.This led me to ponder what I would hire Trump for.... or not hire, inspired by some other folks on twitter:
- I would not hire Trump to run a bar outside a Navy base.
- I would not hire Trump to run a golf equipment shop near an Air Force Base.
- I would not hire Trump to run a brother next door to Congress
- I would not hire Trump to be the only baseball agent in the Dominican Republic.
- I would not hire Trump to run a poutine franchise next door to a marijuana dispensary.
- I would not hire Trump to run a casino near a major US city or two [if you cannot make money via casinos, you suck at business].