Sunday, July 4, 2010

Another Brick in the Wall

Perhaps the US and Israel are determined to end their "Special" relationship.  Obama's folks are pushing Israel to join the Non-Proliferation Treaty, something that Israel has avoided for more than 40 years. 

With Lost still in my mind thanks to the latest Doc Jensen column and due to my daughter's catching up only now in the entire series, I can only think of Israel as John Locke: "Don't Tell me What I Can't Do!!!"  Obama, as the man of science, seems determined to fix things a la Jack, but that may actually cause more harm than good.

Still, once again, no good choices.  Either omit Israel's singular status as a nuclear power in the Middle East and undermine any effort to move on non-proliferation, or single out Israel and gain little ground. 

Just imagine how much trouble the US could do if it had some free time and some choices.

No comments: