- The obvious choice is Dharma Initiative Products. Damon mentions D.I. salad dressing a la Paul Newman. I would like to have a Dharma jumpsuit, with suitable role name tag, like "Professor" or "Designated Talker" or something like that.
- How about a Swan Station play set with a button you have to push every 108 minutes, complete with a metal door with interesting graffiti that slides down?
- An Egyptian statue that breaks apart but has a neat lair in the foot.
- A version of lincoln logs/tinkertoys but shaped like pylons that can be set up to create a fence. Perhaps the fence can produce a very mild shock?
- Oceanic 815. Breaks into three pieces or so.
- Perhaps a role playing game, where you can play a particular character and see who survives.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Ask the Reader: Lost Merch
I am catching up on the Lost podcasts by Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof, and they received a question about merchandising and lost opportunities. The person asked specifically about a Smoke Monster doll that made the Smokey noises when you hug it. And I started to wonder how could these guys make more money from us?