- I have committed to other outlets for blogging, and I need to keep my promises better this year. So, I hope to see more of my stuff at Political Violence at a Glance and Duck of Minerva.
- I also resolve to pick up the pace here. I don't need to blog every day or four times a day (ah, 2009 ...), but every other day is something I want to aim for. As long as I have stuff to say. The challenge is that I can usually find an old post that says something that I need to say again.
- I now have five PhD students at various stages of their program, so I resolve to be reasonably quick about turning around comments on stuff. I don't think I have ever had so many at one time (and we have a small program). It may not be as much as some folks, but this is the limit of my capacity, I think.
- I resolve to say no to non-NPSIA students. My foray into teaching undergrads might mean more requests for honors thesis super visions, but, yowza, if I don't say no more often, resolution #3 will be at risk.
- I will say no to any more edited volume chapters. I have three all due
at the same time this spring. All three are interesting projects, but I
need to focus on ye olde booke with Phil and Dave. We are getting
close to actually writing and finishing the book.
- I resolve to say no to reviews that are out of my area of expertise. I know that journals are desperate for reviews, but I do my share and I don't think I do anyone any favors if I don't know the literature. I can't speak to whether something is a contribution in an area I don't know
- I resolve to catch up on my journal reading--which would make me a better review (oh wait!). This is a regular resolution that goes unmet.
- I resolve to stay on top of all of the CDSN stuff, not just the fun stuff like the podcast, but the less fun stuff--reporting, accounting, etc. Do or do not, indeed!
- Continue the positivity. I was called annoyingly happy this year, and I want to keep that up.
Happy New Year to you and yours!