The timing seemed right:
- I just hit a near-round number so I wanted to see what I look like in my youngest form possible (that is, without doing the necessary dieting and exercise to get me back to my wrestling weight class of old);
- I had arranged a small party with my family (including Displaced Intern Spew!) and friends to celebrate both Steve-fest and the passing of the Canadian Citizenship test.
- The last time I set up an event on the same day as a test was when I had my first car date the evening of the day I took the test to get my driver's license! I am pretty sure that my relationship with Canada will work out better than my relationship with that young lady.
- My Ottawa friends had never seen me sans beard so it was fun to watch their reactions.
- I am going to be seeing my mother soon, and she prefer her baby to not have gray all over his face. Makes her feel younger. So, the very least I can do for her.
Oh, and the two-fisted drinking? I love a good sampler at a brew pub, especially when they let me choose the four to six beers that go into the sampler. Thanks, Mill Street! If only their schnitzel came on a stick!