Had a great penultimate day in Canberra with meetings with colonel, general, and member of parliament. My afternoon got suddenly free, so I hit the National Museum of Australia. What did I learn?
- I learned that the discoveries of things like kangaroos and platypi really upset biologists since they violated their understandings of things like mammals.
- Australia has a history of incredibly nasty bush fires.
- The Australian Prime Minister apologized a couple of years ago for the treatment of the aborigines.
- The Aussies use every part of the kangaroo. Almost bought this pouch but, as a man, ick.
- Apparently, kangaroos are quite common, even wandering through the suburbs of Canberra. We went looking for them at a set of defence buildings, but did not see any. Only evidence that I was not being lied to? Roo poop. Of course, it could be somebody else's poop.