Ok, done. Ok, to be fair, I will go through the list provided by Deadspin and comments (in red or blue) ... which will lead to the same outcome as the aforementioned ranking:
- Tug of war Really? Really! Sure, good enough for the Battle of the Network Stars but Olympics?
- Baseball & softball Solid choices although only a few countries play these sports well enough to be competitive. A problem ultimate also has, to be sure. Baseball has enough competitions, but softball would be a strong addition.
- Bowls (curling on turf, basically) We already have curling, so no thanks.
- Sumo Um, who has competitors other than Japan? This would be like having American football as an Olympic game.
- American football Exactly. Who can put winning teams together?
- Flying disc (Ultimate frisbee) The US does not win every single international competition of ultimate (just most of them).
- Underwater sports (a whole bunch of things, including underwater football and underwater hockey) Really?
- Roller sports (races, hockey, and roller derby) Not enough skating? Roller derby? Ok.
- Floorball (a hockey thing) We have hockey. Thanks.
- Korfball (some sort of basketball/handball/Ultimate hybrid) Originals first, ultimate before hybrid.
- Netball (like basketball but worse) Basketball is already in the games, thanks.
- Chess I think sweating is a key ingredient in an Olympic sport. Indeed, shouldn't the game be a sport in order to be an Olympic sport?
- Waterski and wakeboard Racing? Maybe, but we have enough judging stuff already.
- Bowling Bowling before bowls
- Karate What is another martial art? Might as well.
- Wushu ????
- Snooker Bar sports are at the back of the line.
- Surfing The Summer Games needs more bikinis and dudes in bathing suits. Also, surfing is the one sport that is still sporty even if judged.
- Sport climbing More x games, I guess
- Polo No. Enough horse events for rich people already.
- Air sports (paragliding) Only if combined with the skeet shooting (or javelin competition)
- Raquetball Sure.
- Squash Lamer version of racqueball, but sure.
- Orienteering Getting lost and found? No.
- Bridge A game, not a sport. And poker before bridge.
- Dance sport (ballroom dancing) Already enough of that on TV.
Post a Comment