- Ties to/stance towards Russia
- Inciting Violence
- The Quality of His Allies/Surrogates/Advisers
- His misogyny and self-admitted sexual assault
- His key claim to success, his business sense, is actually a record of ruin.
- His ties to Neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other truly deplorable actors.
- His flagrant disregard for the Constitution and the law
- His statements about African-Americans, Latinos, Jews, Muslims, disabled people and on and on. Take him at his word.
- His profound ignorance about all things but especially politics
- His amazing lack of empathy
- Failure to release his tax returns
- His weak grasp on reality--accusing others of the things he is guilty of. His projection is not charming but dangerous.
- His protection stance on trade
- His willingness to default on the debate
- His view of negotiation--where the only good deal is an exploitative one
- His view of alliances as protection rackets.
- His contempt for veterans and the military.
- His complete lack of policy--all of his assurances is that he will have plans but refusal to elaborate before election day.
- Mike Pence--talk about a lack of empathy.
- How easy he is manipulated (see story about how Pence got to be his VP nominee).
- His casual attitude about the use of nuclear weapons and about nuclear proliferation.
- His inability to see complexity. It was bad enough when Bush/Cheney didn't care about 2nd/3rd order effects, but Trump does not even know that such dynamics could exist.
I probably could come up with more, but I have work to do. Anyhow, anyone of these should be disqualifying, but I understand that most Republicans will vote for Trump because party id matters more than pretty much everything else. Which is sad, given how truly awful a Trump presidency would be for pretty much everyone.
Post a Comment