Jet-Pack > Hoverboard > Transporter > Bat-mobile > Giant AntEW's recap suggested that Transporter > Hoverboard.
And, this raises all kinds of questions.
- Isn't the transporter coolest of all since it can move you anywhere instantaneously, even possibly onto a ship traveling at warp? If we ignore the massive energy requirements and the risks of just a minor screw up aside, it is hard to find a better way to move from place to place.
- Disapparation is similar but poses its own challenges of splinching and unresolved questions of range (Voldemort seems to have a range that simply convenient for certain parts of the books). Still, disapparation is pretty convenient and much better for the environment, but can only be performed by Wizards and Witches.
- Is the Bat-mobile really that cool? Sorry, but being carried by a giant ant, rat or kangaroo seems just more interesting than a pimped up ride.
- Is there a cooler ride in Comic-book-dom? The Fantastic Four fantisticar is pretty lame. The X-Men have a modified XR-71 Blackbird, which is pretty cool. What am I forgetting? Well, web-swinging is actually one of the coolest ways to travel.
- Which giant animal would be coolest? Ant? Rat? Kangaroo? I guess the hopping would make a Kangaroo pretty uncomfortable. I guess I would go with Rat since it would be hard to hold onto the Ant.
- And we can put Iron-Man's suit within the jet-pack category as its coolest form. Check out who is producing jet-packs!!
Transporter > Jet-Pack > Hoverboard > Web-Swinging > Giant Rat > Bat-mobile
More importantly, it seems like the hoverboard is something one can make right now!!!
So, if one focuses on just that which can be accomplished right now, Jet-pack > Hoverboard >>> Bat-Mobile
Especially if it can go on water!
Alas, no, it cannot. Marty McFly has not yet been topped. And, yes, this hoverboard question proves once and for all that google and youtube make our lives much, much better!