So, what did I learn today?
- My strategy of watching only movies I would not pay for in the theatre on flights paid off. The Jack Ryan movie had an incredibly stupid plot. The Robocop re-boot was so forgettable I spent much of today trying to figure out what I watched last night on the plane. Oh, and flights are good for re-watching very good movies too. The Lego Movie remains chock full of magic.
- The US is not the only place with unhappy veterans. This pic is in the park next to the presidential palace.
- How to divide by eight. The current exchange rate is pretty favorable, so my shopping for my wife and daughter is complete thanks to the street fairs.
- Buenos Aires is like Vancouver--the cabs do not seem to be able to make it through more than one light.
- In the tour of the Casa Rosada, the Presidential palace, we got to have a quick walk through the President's actual office. They covered up the phones so we could not see who is on the speed-dial. Very interesting.
- Very doggy town between the strays (a couple) and the poop (way more than a couple).
- Thus far, I have not tried the late late dinner. I did learn that the beef empanada is much better than the chicken. Probably the last time I have chicken in this beef-tastic place.
- It is very strange to watch a British soccer team play an American one (Tottenham vs Seattle Sounders) broadcast on EPSN in Spanish.
- I really enjoy my grad students. Through good timing, I had a chance to spend most of the day with one of my former PhD students who is now on the tenure track. Not only was it fun, but I learned stuff (see next post).
Post a Comment