What did I learn?
- They love their dogs so much that they park their dogs (see the pic)
- That neither banks nor hotels will exchange currency. Given that there is a vibrant informal trade, one might expect the government to facilitate more legit outlets. But no. So, that helps to explain the major tourist destinations having heaps of men and women whispering loudly "Cambio!". The difference in rates is apparently about 40%--$8/1 officially but $11-12/1 unofficially.
- I apparently look Argentine enough as I had multiple people ask me for directions today. Must learn the phrase for "sorry, I am a silly tourist."
- Argentine beef is good--I think a late lunch may be all I need... at least until the ISA crowd shows up and then things get social.
- They park cars in their academic buildings:
Post a Comment