Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Usual Interview Reaction

What do I say after pretty much every interview I conduct when doing research?







I had two conversations this morning: one with a couple of folks from the US Embassy and one with a Dutch 1-star working at the Ministry of Defence.  So much interesting stuff, so much insight into the dynamics that we (Dave, Phil and I) are trying to figure out.  The member of parliament who was to be my afternoon interview is under the weather, but today is still a win.  Big-time!

Of course, the downside is that I must now transcribe my messy handwriting into a doc file for future use.  Worst part of interviewing, no doubt.  But the good dramatically outweighs the bad. 

So, as always, I walk away from the interview with this one thought.  Well, that, and I love this project.  Just at the starting point, but it is going to be a fun, engaging, dynamic ride over the next five years.


No comments: