- Cold War
- Desperate desire for recognition (East Germany)
- Principal-agent problems everywhere
- Donovan was an agent whose agenda was wider than that of the CIA
- East Germany's interests were not identical to Russia's.
- The spy was a very good agent, but its principal could not be sure.
- Gary Powers was an agent who did not do what he was supposed to do.
- Prisoners' Dilemma: making agreements in the absence of trust and enforcement mechanisms
- Chicken: a game within the PD as Donovan was seeking to get a 2 for 1
Oh, and the previous winner in most IR in a movie? Phantom Menace:
- Trade War
- Diversionary Theories of War
- Principal-agent problems
- Relative power (always a bigger fish)
Anyhow, Bridge of Spies was very good, but too scary for PhD students: "my only copy of my dissertation!"
Post a Comment