Why not? Because I have heaps to read, so why waste time on stuff that is wrong or uninformative?
I have realized that I have four reading speeds:
- Fiction. I can read a good piece of fiction very quickly. Only the length of a Lee Child book slows me down at all. I could finish a Robert B. Parker book in a day. Sob.
- Internet. I can and do read heaps of blog posts and articles quickly as I bop around the internet. Not as fast as reading fiction but not slow either.
- History. I can read historical stuff pretty quickly as long as it is well written.
- Academic stuff. I was never fast, but now I am pretty slow reading journal articles and books that are aimed at the academic audience. I need to work on this, as I am woefully behind.
- Grading. It is amazing how slow I read when I grade. Not great. Oh, and reviewing fits in here as well.
Post a Comment