Sunday, March 24, 2019

Game of Thrones Pool of Life

I am organizing a deadpool/living pool for the last season of Game of Thrones (we have done this before with Lost and Breaking Bad).  It is open to my facebook friends and folks who I know via twitter--no strangers, sorry (I don't worship that particular god).  I have seven people signed up, so there are three spots left.

I will announce the order of the draft on April 1st, and the draft will be conducted via comments on my blog (again, I will set up a blog post for the event) on April 8th at 8pm EDT.  For those who cannot attend electronically, they can send me a list of thirty characters they prefer to draft in they order they would draft them.  The draft will be snake-ish--the person who drafts first will also draft twentieth and twenty-first.  


Ok, each player will have ultimately choose three characters (I am pretty sure we can find thirty characters to consider in this universe--let IMDB be your friend).  Three points for each character that is obviously alive, one point for characters that are probably alive or are in comas.  Characters that become undead are dead except for those who are dead already (the Night King, for example).  Undead characters that are slain are then considered dead-dead.  If the show ends in a flashforward where everyone or nearly everyone is dead (imagine Harry Potter epilogue taking place 70 years later), then we will refer to the last scene prior to the flashforward.  And just for fun, whoever picks the first character to die of all those drafted to loses one point!

Tie-breakers will be submitted to me via email or message or DM the night of the draft and then I will reveal them after the draft.
Tie breaker #1: who sits on the Iron Throne at the end?
Tie breaker #2: how many dragons are alive at the end?  And, yes, undead dragons count as alive if they are not really, really dead. 
Tie breaker #3: how many people does Arya assassinate in the final season (not including battle scenes because, damn, that would be hard)?  Oh, and Price is Right Rules: closest without going over!

The Prize?  As usual, the winner gets a free post here, unedited by me.  Also, I will explore Think-Geek and come up with a suitable GoT doohickey/souvenir.  I will announce what that prize is when I announce the draft order on April Fools' Day!

If you want to join the fun, either comment below or email/tweet/fb me. 

And if you have questions, let me know.




No comments: