- How un-seriously folks viewed drunk driving.
- How at least one parent was more concerned about the dry cleaning and not how the kid was using the plastic bag in which the dry cleaning was delivered.
- Horrible treatment of women, gays, minorities, disabled folks (including those disabled by John Deere lawn mowers).
- Terrible NY divorce laws that may only be changing in 2010.
- Not to mention how smoking was viewed then.
International Relations, Ethnic Conflict, Civil-Military Relations, Academia, Politics in General, Selected Silliness
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Mad about Mad Men
The series is approaching! Check out some pics to get excited. I wonder what habits/norms they will depict that will appall us today. In the past, they have presented:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I can't forget the one scene in which the Draper family was out in the country somewhere beside the road having a picnic and after it was over, Don just threw all their junk into the surrounding foliage instead of bagging it and throwing it in a trash can.
I guess we all did stuff like that back then.
Post a Comment