- Stuff relevant to my research almost always happens when I am out of town. NATO changing date for transition in Afghanistan essentially to 2013 while I am traveling far across Canada (yes, it is a big country) and then while I am in a workshop all day. Cuts down on the media whore-dom. Shucks.
- By the way, this is messing with my publication schedules--wanted to get next books out in 2013/14 while Afghanistan is still quite relevant rather than distant memory (and yes, once troops are out of harm's way, folks in West [media] will forget about Afghanistan).
- Oh, and my quick take--2014 was a fairly arbitrary date so 2013 is not so radical.
- Always get the slowest cabbie. Oh, not a rule, just tendency when one is already behind.
- Always check in online, even if Air Canada kicks you off the second plane because your first is delayed even though the second is delayed.
- Workshops always start late but too late, so this post will be short.
International Relations, Ethnic Conflict, Civil-Military Relations, Academia, Politics in General, Selected Silliness
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Spew Travel Rules
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment