When I reached out to my friends, their help was amusing and sometimes helpful (thanks, JTL).
So far, I have been informed that the test contains some skills that are not mentioned in the guide, and as well some answers:
- "The best part of test is undoubtedly when you have to write five polite responses to American jokes about Canadian stereotypes." (thanks, KA)
- I believe the answer is always "sorry".
- There is a French component (JTL is not always helpful).
- Mais non!
- Be able to sing O Canada (thanks, SGS)
- I know the beginning and end. Can I hum the middle?
- The hands-on canoe skills part of the exam is pretty tricky. (thanks, LN)
- As long as I don't have to be in the same canoe as my wife, I think we can both pass.
- Crown stuff. I cannot let Phil Lagassé down!
- I don't really sing well, so hopefully the singing test is just about getting 2/3s of the words right.
- Have to remember that the US was the bad guy in the War of 1812. And I probably should not mention a tweep's theory that Phantom Menace was based on this war.
- Upper Canada and Lower Canada are not what you think....
Answers (when in doubt):
- Maple Syrup
- Wayne Gretzky
Of course, we will take any additional advice, hints, suggestions as we cram for the next two weeks.
Waiting for a post on the Iran deal
You will have to wait a while. I am trying to get an article finished this week. Figuring out the Iran deal requires me to do some reading. My initial take is: agreement is better than war.
Post a Comment