Saturday, April 3, 2010

Back to Google Games

Or is it Loogle (Hot Tub Time Machine reference)?  Having blitzed my brain working through the US taxes, and inspired by a friend's facebook reference, I see that typing "am I j" into google gets the following responses:

People want to know if they are Jewish or Jesus?  Well, they could be both, I suppose, but that is interesting--that people suspect that they might be Jewish and look to the internet for clarity.  Seems like many google inquiries focus on whether celebrity x is Jewish or whether oneself is.  Not much concern about being a Muslim?  Mermaid, yes.  Mesomorph, yes. Minority, yes.  But not so much concern about being a Muslim.  "Am I c?" does not bring up Catholic or Christian, but crazy and cute, contagious and codependent, cool and cursed.

Ok, one more

Verrrrry interesting.  Am I a vampire?  Good thing the internet is around to help people out with that.  Attractive or annoying?  Sociopath?  If the answer is yes, would one care?  Getting a political identity from the web (dem or rep)?  Guess that they didn't learn that in poli sci 101. 

I can do this all day.  But the grocery stores are closed here tomorrow, so I need to get some milk.

Anyhow, that is your tax-form-induced craziness for the day.  Check back tomorrow after I do the Canadian and Quebec taxes, which will make me angry more than crazy.

No comments: