Monday, February 1, 2010

Anti-Oscars

Each year, there are the Razzies which give "awards" to the worst movies of the year.  This year's nominees are:

Worst Picture
All About Steve
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Land of the Lost
Old Dogs
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen



I have only seen GI Joe, Land of the Lost and Transformers 2.  Of those three, I would have to say that GI Joe was the worst.  Indeed, I have already done so.  But in a good way.  I laughed quite a lot--at the wrong parts.  Land of the Lost was a mish-mash, which means it had good parts, and it was incredibly mis-marketed.  Definitely not a kid's movie.  But also definitely a huge disappointment.  That movie probably had the worst difference between potential and outcome.  Heaps of room to play with a silly bad tv show and it whiffed mightily.

Of the other awards, I am most amused the Hugh Hefner earned a nomination for playing himself in Miss March.  That is bad acting if one cannot even do a good job of being oneself!



No comments: