So, with no drumrolls:
- Biggest Mistake: Perhaps leaving early since some of the most interesting panels were on the Saturday of the meeting. But, I wanted to get back with my Aussie trip staring me in the face.
- Best Panel: The one honoring Pat James. Just a love-fest. The Anti-Cartman.
- Panel I Most Wish to Have Attended: Either the Battlestar Galatica one or the one with the bloggers. Sure, I am not a serious IR blogger like Drezner or the others, but it would have been educational.
- Most Persuasive Book Rep: Norton, as they were trying to get me to adopt a new text for my intro class, and I am probably going to follow through, even though it will require some serious re-thinking of the course.
- Best Display at Mardi Gras: Two guys with signs. That is all I can say here. My first thought when I saw the signs--it only has to work once.
- Person I Was Least Likely to Talk to despite Two Scheduled Meetings: You know who you are.
- Biggest Surprise: I did more grading/reading of grad student stuff/article reviewing on planes than I expected. I always bring a bunch, but I actually did some this time.
- Best Airport: Houston. More food choices than all the others combined. But New Orleans had free wifi.
- Best Beignet: Cafe Du Monde, although the Hilton's were quite good as well.