- Domestic disunity. I find this pretty dubious, as most voting countries probably were not aware of Ignatieff's stance.
- Friends of Dubai: The timing of the vote is pretty bad, given the conflict with the UAE over Emirates Airlines and Camp Mirage.
- Countries at sea level: Canada has not been making progress on the reduction of global warming emissions. Indeed, it has gotten worse, rather than better.
- Opponents of Canada's Arctic Sovereignty: Russia, Denmark, maybe Norway.
- Friends of Portugal: Lots of finger-pointing here but it was a competition for votes and Portugal might have done something right, rather than Canada doing something wrong. EU membership has its privileges, including getting support from members, those aspiring to membership, and those that just want to get on the EU's good side.