Thursday, January 26, 2012

Strange Rumors: Receiving Flak?

A student who was one of the folks involved in trying to investigate the events at McGill in November stopped by yesterday.  He wanted to know about the pressure or criticism I received from McGill for my various blog posts and statements.  It was a short conversation because I had not received any words from on high about what I had said.  I was one of many profs frustrated by McGill's response, so it was unlikely that I would be targeted.  Plus (a) I have tenure so retaliation would be kind of hard; and (b) I am leaving McGill this summer, a decision that preceded the events in November, so I am pretty immune anyway.

So, anyhow, there are rumors out there, so consider this blog post an effort to squelch the rumors as they have no truth to them.

No comments: