I found this pretty appalling, so I thought I would suggest a list of real sins that Western democracies have committed and are more deserving of UN HCHR opprobrium:
- Disenfranchising voters who might be Hispanic, Black or otherwise likely Democratic voters in the US.
- Treatment of indigenous peoples in Australia (Aborigines), US (Native Americans), Canada (First Nations), etc.
- The Death Penalty in the US.
- The rise of xenophobia, especially in Europe. Imagine if countries were trying to restrict refugees from Arab Spring from landing on their shores. Oh, right. It happened.
- Fox News and its destruction of understanding.
- Donald Trump.
- The never-ending American presidential election--so punishing to all involved, especially those subjected to campaign ads in swing states.
- Dan Snyder's reign as owner of the Redskins and Peter Angelos's reign as owner of the Orioles.
- Madonna's English accent.
- The firing of Dan Harmon and the placing of Community on Friday night. Anything short of six season and a movie is worthy of an International Criminal Court prosecution.
The 4th Indiana Jones movie is a scar on the human conscious. I will never forget the roughly two hours that spring day three years ago when that unsuspecting and awful film debuted. I had such hope.
Post a Comment